Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA century of political history in India is studied in this comprehensive and thoroughly researched five-volume account of the Indian National Congress. Founded in 1885, the political party was instrumental in the movement for independence in India and has formed the majority of the Indian governments since. Originally published in 1985, these volumes reintroduce an important historical work and cover 100 years of Indian politics with unparalleled thoroughness. This third volume examines the manner in which the Congress, under the stewardship of Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, and a handful of distinguished nationalist leaders, aided to bring about Indian political independence. Contributors include Vid Bhatia, M. N. Das, Sneh Mahajan, V. A. Narain, Kishori Mohan Patra, R. K. Perti, Atul Chandra Pradhan, Bimal Prasad, Bhupen Qanungo, Sarojini Regani, and Julius Silverman.
- Author BiographyB. N. Pande was a freedom fighter, an eminent parliamentarian, a governor of Orissa, and a lifelong member of the Indian National Congress. He was honored with the Padma Shri Award by the Republic of India as well as the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration.
- Author(s)P Mukherjee
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/01/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Weight1202 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine69 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.