All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis historical survey of the relationship between archaeology and biblical studies in the archaeological excavations in Palestine at Tell el-Hesi from 1840 to 1990 concentrates on the work of major excavators and scholars. It is a paramic overview of the methods and theories that served to illuminate the archaeology of the Holy Land, beginning with and introductory chapter that covers the early pioneering years before the work of Pitt Rivers and Petrie.
- Author BiographyP. R. S. Moorey was a British archaeologist and historian of Mesopotamia and the Ancient Near East. He was Keeper of Antiquities at the Ashmolean Museum of the University of Oxford, where he also served as Vicegerent of Wolfson College.
- Author(s)P. R. S. Moorey
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.