All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating selection of photographs illustrates the extraordinary transformation that has taken place in Doncaster during the 20th century. The book offers an insight into the daily lives and living conditions of local people and gives the reader glimpses and details of familiar places during a century of unprecedented change. Many aspects of Doncaster's recent history are covered, famous occasions and individuals are remembered and the impact of national and international events is witnessed. The book provides a striking account of the changes that have so altered Doncaster's appearance and records the process of transformation. Drawing on detailed local kwledge of the community, and illustrated with a wealth of black-and-white photographs, this book recalls what Doncaster has lost in terms of buildings, traditions and ways of life. It also ackwledges the regeneration that has taken place and celebrates the character and energy of local people as they move through the first years of this new century.
- Author BiographyBrian Elliott is a former teacher and college manager with a special interest in South Yorkshire's history. He has published many books and articles and has talked about local history items on BBC Radio Sheffield, Radio 4, and television news programs, especially on his specialist subject of coalmining history. In recent years he has contributed to events organized by the Friends of Darfield Churchyard group and is a volunteer steering committee member of the new Experience Barnsley museum and archive centre, now located in Barnsley Town Hall.
- Author(s)Brian Elliot
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note200 black & white illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.