Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive reference book provides succinct information on almost thirteen hundred musical stage works written and produced from the 1870s to the 1990s involving contributions by black librettists, lyricists, composers, musicians, producers, or performers or containing thematic materials relevant to the black experience. Organized alphabetically, they include tent and outdoor shows, vaudeville, operas and operettas, comedies, farces, spectacles, revues, cabaret and nightclub shows, children's musicals, skits, one-act musicals, one-person shows, and even a musical without songs. In addition to the hundreds of shows independently created, produced, and performed by black writers and theatrical artists, it presents hundreds more representing a collaboration of black and white talents. An appendix organizes the shows chrologically and highlights those that were most significant in the history of the black American musical stage. An extensive bibliography and indexes of names, songs, and subjects complete the work.
- Author BiographyBERNARD L. PETERSON, Jr. is Professor Emeritus of English and Drama at Elizabeth City State University, Elizabeth City, NC. The author of Contemporary Black American Playwrights and Their Plays and Early Black American Playwrights and Dramatic Writers (Greenwood Press, 1988, 1990), both of which were named Outstanding Academic Books by Choice magazine, he is planning additional reference books on black achievement in American theatre.
- Author(s)Bernard L. Peterson
- Date of Publication25/10/1993
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight979 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.