All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionA Century of Russian Ballet brings its readers as close as written records can to the realities of being a student, dancer, choreographer or critic in Russia, from the period 1810 to 1910.It is built on a framework of famous ballets (translations of the printed libretti of which are included) by such celebrated choreographers as Charles Didelot, Filippo Taglioni, Jules Perrot, Arthur Saint-Leon, Marius Petipa, and Mikhail Fokine. On to this framework are placed eyewitness accounts and criticisms, including biographies of choreographers, accounts of life in the Imperial Theatres' school, reminiscences of important artists, and reviews of first performances. Each of the ten chapters of the book is introduced with further commentary which draws on press accounts and literature of the time.
- Author BiographyRoland John Wiley is a Professor of Musicology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and author of Tchaikovsky's Ballets and The Life and Ballets of Lev Ivanov.
- Author(s)Roland John Wiley
- PublisherDance Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHampshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDance Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight651 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.