All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1965, when Holly Barton leaves her home on the bleak North Yorkshire moors to work as an au pair in Paris, she little realizes that she is soon to become one of France's most promising fashion designers. Set in the sixties, A Change in Fashion evokes the magic of an exhilarating decade with revolutionary trends in fashion, music, art, social mores and sexual habits; it portrays a period of optimism, when anything seemed possible for those who were young. Yet Holly has to return to Yorkshire to confront her past before she can move forward to achieve lasting happiness and success. On a soul-searching journey that takes her from the wild beauty of the moors and dales to the glamour of Paris and the French Riviera, Holly gradually discovers herself - and finds the man she loves. More than a historical romance in the world of haute couture, A Change in Fashion is a story about self-kwledge and closure, gender equality and the value of true friendship.
- Author BiographyBorn in Middlesbrough, Susan Gale spent her childhood on the Northumbrian coast. In 1962 her family returned to North Yorkshire to live in Guisborough at the foot of the moors. Susan read French at Leicester University and worked in France during the sixties, where she met her German husband. For over thirty years she taught English as a Second Language at a state college in Hamburg. During this period she wrote a series of ESL textbooks for adult students, which were published in Germany under her married name, Susan Lau. A Change in Fashion is her first novel. It reflects her love of the moors and coast of her native Yorkshire, her experiences living abroad and her interest in food, wine and fashion. Susan has two daughters and lives in the countryside near Hamburg with her husband Walter and Labrador Lily.
- Author(s)Susan Gale
- PublisherSusan Gale Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectUnclassifiable: Child or adult
- Place of PublicationKirby Bellars
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSusan Gale Publishing
- Weight100 g
- Width148 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.