Consider these sponsored items
- AU $5.09
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- SynopsisNonconforming William's heart is set on a doll; his father and brother are set against it. William gets his wish, and readers get a satisfying story that takes a gentle swipe at sexism.--School Library Journal. ALA Notable Children's Book; New York Times Outstanding Children's Book. Full-color illustrations.,Notable Children's Books of 1971-1975 (ALA)Best Books of 1972 (SLJ)Outstanding Children's Books of 1972 (NYT),Notable Children's Books of 19711975 (ALA) Best Books of 1972 (SLJ) Outstanding Children's Books of 1972 (NYT)
- AuthorCharlotte Zolotow
- Number Of Pages32 pages
- SeriesA Charlotte Zolotow Bk.
- Publication Date1972-05-10
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Publication Year1972
- Weight9.6 Oz
- Height0.3 In.
- Width7 In.
- Length9 In.
- GroupJuvenile Audience
- Grade FromPreschool
- Grade ToThird Grade
- Age Range4 - 8
- LC Classification NumberPZ7.Z77 Wi
- Dewey Decimal-E-
- Illustrated byWilliam Pène du Bois
- Reviews"An excellent book about a boy named William who wants the forbidden -- a doll. The long-awaited realistic handling of this theme makes it a landmark book."-- "School Library Journal"
Most relevant reviews
- skey439407 May, 2014by
Fast response from seller, book condition as described!
This is an excellent book that talks about a boy who wants a doll and no one seems to understand. It was the grandmother that explained playing with the doll will help William be a loving, nurturing father when he grows up. Its a great way to tell a child that any toy can be played with regardless if your a boy or girl.