Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionBorn of Basque parents in the Philippines during the early Thirties, his schooling was disrupted during WWII, allowing him to wreak havoc with the loathed Japanese Occupation Army. Jac Chambliss, one of his American liberators, was to later be-come his father-in-law. After the war, he moved to his parents' home in Pamplona, Spain, where he ran the bulls during San Fermin. At 17, he went to work for a Shipping Company in Bilbao, served in Africa in an Army out t attached to the Spanish Foreign Legion and subsequently went to Paris to study Humanities at the Sorbonne. He came to the States and attended Gettysburg College, majoring in Physics. During his Sophomore year, he was named Editor in Chief of the College's Literary Magazine. He married Ann Chambliss during his Senior year and graduated with Hors. He subsequently earned a Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics from Duke University, where three of his children were born, two to become future physicians and one an accomplished painter. After acquiring his US citizenship, he settled in Orlando Fl., to work for an Aerospace Firm designing missiles and defense systems such as SDI, the Strategic Defense Initiatives program. He retired 30 years later and w travels extensively, indulging in writing, golf, and babysitting for eight lovely grandchildren.
- Author(s)Jos Mar a Lacambra Loizu
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.