All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn a small town near Port Arthur in Tasmania in the mid-nineties, Kate Byrne is having an affair with the father of her most gifted student. As the young teacher's sexual life is awakened by the father in scenes of escalating eroticism, the guilt she feels towards the son is compounded. Meanwhile, Veronica, her lover's wife, has just published Murder At Black Swan Point, a true crime book about the brutal slaying of a young adulteress some years before, set in a nearby town. Kate becomes fixated on the unsolved crime of passion that occured years earlier, less and less aware of her own reputation in the present. Is it her imagination, or is someone stalking her? Is she caught playing a game where she longer kws the rules? Has her obsession with the crime aligned her fate with that of the murdered adulteress? Chilling, erotic and rivetingly suspenseful, A Child's Book Of True Crime marks the arrival of a powerful and startlingly original new voice. 'People don't make this kind of fuss for thing. Hooper's vel is extraordinary...there's a confidence and imagination in the writing that you rarely see in a first vel.' Kerryn Goldsworthy, THE AUSTR
- Author BiographyChloe Hooper was born in 1973 and educated at the University of Melbourne and Columbia University New York, where she studied creative writing. A CHILD'S BOOK OF TRUE CRIME is her first novel. Chloe lives in Melbourne.
- PrizesShortlisted for NSW Premier's Literary Award Christina Stead Prize for Fiction 2003 and Sisters in Crime's Davitt Awards: Best Adult Novel 2003 and Victorian Premier's Literary Award - Vance Palmer Prize for Fiction 2002.
- Author(s)Chloe Hooper
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2002
- ImprintVintage (Australia)
- Weight207 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.