All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest volume in Black Dog's bestselling, award-winning series for kids explores the countries, terrains, and cultures of our fascinating planet Readers ages 9 to 12 will travel around the globe, from Greenland to Tasmania, learning the locations and characteristics of continents, countries, and states and provinces in this lively introduction to our world. Starting with the basics?hemispheres, latitude and longitude, continental drift, map tation, landforms, population density, and more?the book gives kids a solid foundation to begin exploring world geography. Each section profiles a different continent, including climates and biomes (tundra, grasslands, etc.), mountain ranges and bodies of water, people and cultures, governments and industries, wildlife, and much more. And sidebars throughout offer biographies of explorers, fun facts, and projects kids can do with parents or on their own. The book also includes a pop-up paper globe and reusable stickers.With 150 charming, original watercolor illustrations, A Child's Introduction to the World is an entertaining and comprehensive overview of our fascinating planet.
- Author BiographyHeather Alexander (Author) Heather Alexander has written numerous books for children and young adults including previous titles in this series, A Child's Introduction to the World, A Child's Introduction to Greek Mythology, and A Child's Introduction to Art. She is a former book editor and lives in Basking Ridge, NJ. Meredith Hamilton has illustration the previous eight books in the Child's Intro series. Her other illustration work includes apps for children, cookbooks, and Steuben glass. She lives in Brooklyn, NY. Meredith Hamilton (Author) Meredith Hamilton graduated from Brown University and has an MFA from the School of Visual Arts. Formerly an art director at Newsweek and Time, she illustrated the previous six books in the Child's Introduction series, among other books, and her work can be found in magazines and animations as well. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and three children.Laura Lee is currently producing a U.S. tour of the Russian Classical Ballet. She is the author of The Encyclopedia of Aggravation and The Elvis Impersonation Kit, both available from Black Dog & Leventhal.
- Author(s)Heather Alexander
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Note150 colour illus
- Weight774 g
- Width262 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Meredith Hamilton
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.62
- AU $46.98Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.