All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParents, teachers, and other adults can learn through this concise and caring guide to how children and adolescents grieve after someone they love dies. Exploring the six reconciliation needs of mourning, this helpful resource recognises that grieving children are especially deserving of an emotional environment of love and acceptance. Including a historical perspective on children and death, this handbook helps adults recognise the importance of empathy toward a grieving child, and provides guidelines for involving children in funeral services. These suggestions can help anyone who wants to help young people better cope with grief so that they can go on to become emotionally healthy adults themselves.
- Author BiographyAlan D Wolfelt Ph.D. serves as director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition. He writes the 'Children and Grief' column for Bereavement Magazine and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Larry King Live, and Today. He is the author of Healing Your Grieving Heart, Healing a Teen's Grieving Heart, and Understanding Your Grief. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Alan D. Wolfelt
- PublisherCompanion Press,US
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationFort Collins, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompanion Press,US
- Weight100 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.