All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $46.98Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionFull of hands-on activities to help you learn all about map skills whilst also learning about the features of a city. This book will show you what a bird's eye map is by looking at aerial photos; how landmarkscan be shown as symbols; how to measure scale and distance on a walk around a city; what map plans are; how compass points show you how to find directions; how to follow pathways and roads; how to use grid references; looking at landuse; and looking at transport maps. Illustrations by Sarah Horne in an amusing and lively style are combined with photographs to really capture a child's attention helping them to learn these important map skills.
- Author BiographyJen Green received a doctorate from the University of Sussex (Dept of English and American Studies) in 1982. She worked in publishing for 15 years and is now a full-time writer, who has written over 150 books for children. Her book 'Your Feelings: I'm Special' was short-listed for the NASEN Special Needs Award.
- Author(s)Dr Jen Green
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleMapping
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight151 g
- Width207 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.