A Civilian's Guide to the U.S. Military: A Comprehensive Reference to the Customs, Language and Structure of the Armed Forces by Richard Schading, Barbara Schading, Virginia R. Major Holeman (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAttention! Learn more about your military w! Does a corporal have to salute a lieutenant or is it the other way around? What are forward-deployed units? Is an armored cow a type of tank or something soldiers eat? Are Polaris missiles dropped from the air or launched from a submarine? If someone calls you a Cat 4 should you be hored or offended? Do you feel lost when it comes to all things military? Sure, you hear things on the news and maybe you kw someone who is in the military, but you probably have a hard time fully grasping the acronyms, equipment, and protocol they discuss. That's where A Civilian's Guide to the U.S. Military can help. Author Barbara Schading decodes all things military for you. She discusses each branch-Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and the Coast Guard-in simple terms you can understand. You'll get the background information, an easy-to-read chart showing rank and insignia, and an explanation of the organization of each branch. In addition, the book has extensive glossaries that cover terms, acronyms, slang, and equipment. You'll find an entire chapter that covers special operations forces like the Green Berets, Force Recons, Army Rangers, and more. You'll learn about their specific training, missions, and history. The book also covers other important aspects of the military like: * flag and saluting etiquette * military funerals * the Tombs of the Unkwn* the American Legion, USO, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and other groups * military law * military academies * medals and decorations * official military music * an explanation of the Geneva Convention * and a list of resources to help you find more information So the next time you read the paper or talk with a new recruit, you don't have to feel lost. Become a kwledgeable civilian with the help of A Civilian's Guide to the U.S. Military.
- Author BiographyDr. Barbara Schading is a research scientist with more than 15 years of technical writing experience. Her husband, Richard Schading, is a former Marine who served in Vietnam, and her sister, Virginia Holeman, is a retired Major in the Army.
- Author(s)Barbara Schading,Richard Schading,Virginia R. Major Holeman
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/02/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWriter's Digest Books
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.