All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionSeven million more children will enter our classrooms in the next decade while the number of adolescents will increase by 20%. We will require three million new teachers to instruct this expanding student population. Briggs proposes a program for training children to tutor younger students, thereby freeing up teachers to devote time to students who need more individualized attention and to teach analytic and human relations skills and imaginative uses of techlogy. Children are capable and need opportunities to participate in teaching as well as learning. Peer teachers improve their grasp of the subject and younger children learn from those who truly speak their language. The result is a mutually beneficial system for both teachers and children.
- Author BiographyDENNIE BRIGGS has taught at San Francisco State University, Govenors State University in Illinois, the North London Polytechnic, and University of California Extension. He is the author of more than 100 articles in professional journals and the media.
- Author(s)Dennie Briggs
- Date of Publication23/04/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight404 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.