All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn this long-awaited and masterful debut, Fiona Wilson gives us astonishing and uncommon poems that may have emerged from the Scottish and American traditions but can be found somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic, while her readers come 'to the edge of a question' by either shore. Wilson's formal brilliance is all worked through with chagrin, wit, and modesty. The mind at play in these poems is thrilled, distracted, enchanted by the feeling of words in the mouth-the mustardy 'sonsy,' the gray wet velvet of 'mizzle,' the scandal of 'cramasie'-and by slips and turns of phrase, which she turns over like stones, like coins, as they become talismanic-to console, perhaps, as if the secret to transformation were to be found in language itself. -Saskia Hamilton
- Author BiographyFIONA WILSON was born in Scotland. She teaches at Sarah Lawrence College. A Clearance is her first book of poems.
- Author(s)Fiona Wilson
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.