All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionNietzsche looms over modern literature and thought; according to Gottfried Benn, everything my generation discussed, thought through innerly; one could say: suffered; or one could even say: took to the point of exhaustion -- all of it had already been said ...by Nietzsche; all the rest was just exegesis. Nietzsche's influence on intellectual life today is arguably as great; witness the various societies, journals, and websites and the steady stream of papers, collections, and mographs. This Companion offers new essays from the best Nietzsche scholars, emphasizing the interrelatedness of his life and thought, eschewing a superficial biographical method but taking seriously his claim that great philosophy is the self-confession of its author and a kind of unintended and unremarked memoir. Each essay examines a major work by Nietzsche; together, they offer an advanced introduction for students of German Studies, philosophy, and comparative literature as well as for the lay reader. Re-establishing the links between Nietzsche's philosophical texts and their biographical background, the volume alerts Nietzsche scholars and intellectual historians to the internal development of his thought and the aesthetic construction of his identity as a philosopher. ~~~~ CONTRIBUTORS: Ruth Abbey, Keith Ansell-Pearson, Rebecca Bamford, Paul Bishop, Thomas H. Brobjer, Daniel W. Conway, Adrian Del Caro, Carol Diethe, Michael Allen Gillespie and Keegan F. Callanan, Laurence Lampert, Duncan Large, Martin Liebscher, Martine Prange, Alan D. Schrift. ~~~~ PAUL BISHOP is Professor of German at the University of Glasgow.
- Author BiographyPaul Bishop is Professor of German and Head of Department of German at the University of Glasgow.
- Author(s)Paul Bishop
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- Place of PublicationColumbia, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintCamden House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight804 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.