All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Gender History surveys the history of women around the world, studies their interaction with men in gendered societies, and looks at the role of gender in shaping human behavior over thousands of years. * An extensive survey of the history of women around the world, their interaction with men, and the role of gender in shaping human behavior over thousands of years. * Discusses family history, the history of the body and sexuality, and cultural history alongside women's history and gender history. * Considers the importance of class, region, ethnicity, race and religion to the formation of gendered societies. * Contains both thematic essays and chrological-geographic essays. * Gives due weight to pre-history and the pre-modern era as well as to the modern era. * Written by scholars from across the English-speaking world and scholars for whom English is t their first language.
- Author BiographyTeresa A. Meade is Professor of History and Director of the Center for Women's Studies at Union College, New York. She is the author of Civilizing Rio: Reform and Resistance in a Brazilian City (1997), A Brief History of Brazil (2003), and is working on a project on marriage on the Alta California frontier, 1769-1860. Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks is Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Her recent books include Gender in History (Blackwell, 2001), Women and Gender in Early Modern Europe (1993), Discovering the Global Past: A Look at the Evidence (1997), and Christianity and Sexuality in the Early Modern World (1999).
- Author(s)Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks,Teresa A. Meade
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to History
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note0
- Weight1126 g
- Width173 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.