All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Blackwell Companion to Greek Tragedy provides readers with a fundamental grounding in Greek tragedy, and also introduces them to the various methodologies and the lively critical dialogue that characterize the study of Greek tragedy today. This work comprises 31 original essays by an international cast of contributors, including up-and-coming as well as distinguished senior scholars. It pays attention to socio-political, textual, and performance aspects of Greek tragedy. All ancient Greek is transliterated and translated, and technical terms are explained as they appear. This work includes suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter, and a generous and informative combined bibliography.
- Author BiographyJustina Gregory is Professor of Classical Languages and Literatures at Smith College. Her books include Euripides and the Instruction of the Athenians (1991), a commentary on Euripides' Hecuba (1999), and a translation of Aesop's Fables (1975).
- Author(s)Justina Gregory
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight1192 g
- Width179 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine39 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.