Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis definitive Companion provides a critical overview of literary culture in the period from John Milton to William Blake. Its broad chrological range responds to recent reshapings of the can and identifies new directions of study. The Companion is composed of over fifty contributions from leading scholars in the field, its essays offer students a comprehensive and accessible survey of the field from a wide range of perspectives. It also, however, gives researchers and faculty the opportunity to update their acquaintance with new critical and scholarly work. The volume meets the needs of an intellectual world increasingly given over to inter--disciplinary and multi--disciplinary study by covering philosophical, political, cultural and historical writing, as well as literary writing. Unlike other similar volumes, the main body of the Companion consists of readings of individual texts, both those commonly and less commonly studied.
- Author BiographyDavid Womersley has been a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Jesus College, Oxford since 1984. He has published widely on English Literature from the early sixteenth to the early nineteenth century. His previous publications include, Restoration Drama: An Anthology (Blackwell 2000), Edward Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (1994), Gibbon: Bicentenary Essays (1997), Augustan Critical Writing (1997), The Transformation of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (1988).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight1308 g
- Width188 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDavid Womersley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.