All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Oakeshott has long been recognised as one of the most important political philosophers of the twentieth century, but until w single volume has been able to examine all the facets of his wide-ranging philosophy with sufficient depth, expertise, and authority. The essays collected here cover all aspects of Oakeshott's thought, from his theory of kwledge and philosophies of history, religion, art, and education to his reflections on morality, politics, and law. <br><br>Aside from the editors, the contributors are Corey Abel, David Boucher, Elizabeth Corey, Robert Devigne, Timothy Fuller, Steven Gerencser, Robert Grant, Noel Malcolm, Kenneth McIntyre, Kenneth Migue, Noel O'Sullivan, Geoffrey Thomas, and Martyn Thompson.
- Author Biography<strong>Paul Franco</strong> is Professor of Government at Bowdoin College, USA.<br><br><strong>Leslie Marsh</strong> is Assistant Director of the New England Institute for Cognitive Science and Evolutionary Studies and a Research Associate in the Dean's Office of the Medical School at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLeslie L. Marsh,Paul Franco
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.