All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph deals with the entrepreneurs, the partnerships they formed and how these partnerships evolved through a time span of about fourteen centuries, that is, from the birth of Islam to the present. The first part of the book examines the evolution of medieval partnership forms in Europe and finally in the United States, while in the second part the much less kwn Islamic evolution is studied. The study of the Islamic evolution is based on extensive original research conducted in the Ottoman archives. Comparative ecomic and business historians of these two great civilizations will find this book highly important, while modern Islamic bankers and ecomists interested in the actual functioning of an Islamic ecomy will find this volume indispensable reading, for here they have a unique chance to observe an Islamic ecomy and business operating within an historical framework.
- Author BiographyMurat Cizakca, Ph.D. (1978) in Economics, University of Pennsylvania, is Professor of Economics and Economic History at Bogazici (Bosphorus) University in Istanbul, Turkey. He has published extensively on comparative (European/Ottoman) industrial and financial history, Islamic banking and economics.
- Author(s)Murat Cizakca
- Date of Publication01/09/1996
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleOttoman Empire and its Heritage: Politics, Society and Economy Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1 map
- Weight535 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.