All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionA Compendium of the Episcopacy is t simply ather book about the bishopric. It is, instead, a handbook offering a concise set of information that can be useful for training men and women aspiring to the fine work of the episcopacy - and those already serving in this fine work - regarding the history, rituals, vestments, and protocols pertinent to this ainted office. The Compendium gives an exploratory account of the development of the episcopacy, from the time it was first transmitted to the early successrs to the Apostles. It pinpoints the places where the various streams of Apostolic Succession began; and answers the pertinent questions as to where the numerous streams of Succession have an impact upon the episcopacy, within Apostolic and Pentecostal community. Furthermore, it points to historical events in the history of the Church that bear upon Pentecostal Faith and Practice, today. As with any handbook of this sort, the aim of the Compendium is also to familiarize the episcopal candidate, as well as the apprentice bishop, with the rituals that pertain to our office; but at a far broader than usual scope. That includes a careful look at the history of the Pentecostal and Apostolic Faith. As intellectually competent clergy we are called upon to be sure that we are well eugh informed about our spiritual heritage as we can be. By seeking out historic truths for ourselves, we won't need to follow every new trend that comes along in ministry; and won't participate in useless arguments - especially with individuals who won't give due diligence to the cause of learning; and/or who are so stuck in igrance that they refuse to listen to reasoned arguments supported by scholarship.
- Author BiographyBishop Raymond Allan Johnson is the Chairman of the Apostolic Council for Kingdom Destiny Fellowship International; a global pastoral fellowship of more than 200 domestic (U. S.) and an additional 200 overseas pastors, in Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. He was raised a Jehovah's witness; and came to Christ as a young man. He has served in Ministry for 39 years. His assignments have taken him around the country; and also includes 7 years ministering with the underground House Church Movement in the Peoples Republic of China. He was Consecrated to the episcopacy on August 4, 2006; and has been a devoted episopal catechizer for much of the time, since then.
- Author(s)Bishop Raymond a Johnson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.