All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionPeople who rely on stereotypes are often vilified. But really, is there a better way to classify people? There are some taxonimical difficulties, though. Exactly how many types of people are there? What behaviours are characteristic of each particular group? How do you kw if you've spotted an armchair psychologist or a kleptomaniac? Gabe Foreman's A Complete Encyclopedia of Different Types of People is t your average reference book. It turns a series of sociological case studies into a functional encyclopedia that doubles as a unique, achingly funny, always engaging collection of poems. 'Bridesmaids,' 'Day Traders,' 'Entomologists' and 'Number Crunchers' are all dutifully catalogued in a series of lumiusly strange, compellingly original lyric and prose poems. The resulting field guide to our disparate humanity is often absurd, sometimes sad and frequently a mix-ture of both, as each entry unravels according to its own spidery logic.
- Author BiographyGabe Foreman was born in Thunder Bay. He has worked as a tree planter in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. He's a co-founder of littlefishcartpress, and his writing has appeared in a number of literary journals, including Grain, Fiddlehead and Event. His work placed second in CV2's two-day poem contest and a selection was shortlisted for the cbc Literary Awards. Currently, he lives in Montreal, where he manages the soup kitchen at a long-established mission.
- Author(s)Gabe Foreman
- PublisherCoach House Books
- Date of Publication24/05/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCoach House Books
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight142 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.