Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionIn its first Spanish edition, Herbert Klein's A Concise History of Bolivia won immediate acceptance within Bolivia as the new standard history of this important nation. Surveying Bolivia's ecomic, social, cultural and political evolution from the arrival of early man in the Andes to the present, this current version brings the history of this society up to the present day, covering the fundamental changes that have occurred since the National Revolution of 1952 and the return of democracy in 1982. These changes have included the introduction of universal education and the rise of the mestizos and Indian populations to political power for the first time in national history. This second edition brings this story through the first administration of the first self-proclaimed Indian president in national history and the major changes that the government of Evo Morales has introduced in Bolivian society, politics and ecomics.
- Author BiographyHerbert S. Klein is the author of 22 books and 163 articles in several languages on Latin America and comparative themes in social and economic history. Among these books are The Atlantic Slave Trade, 2nd edition (2010) and four studies of slavery, the most recent of which are Slavery and the Economy of Sao Paulo, 1750-1850 (co-author, 2003), African Slavery in Latin America and the Caribbean (co-author, 2008) and Slavery in Brazil (co-author, 2009), as well as four books on Bolivian history. He has also published books on such diverse themes as The American Finances of the Spanish Empire, 1680-1809 (1998), A Population History of the United States (2004) and Hispanics in the United States Since 1980 (co-author, 2010).
- Author(s)Herbert S. Klein
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Concise Histories
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 5 maps 14 tables
- Weight560 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.