All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionAn introductory course on Software Engineering remains one of the hardest subjects to teach largely because of the wide range of topics the area enc- passes. I have believed for some time that we often tend to teach too many concepts and topics in an introductory course resulting in shallow kwledge and little insight on application of these concepts. And Software Engineering is ?nally about application of concepts to e?ciently engineer good software solutions. Goals I believe that an introductory course on Software Engineering should focus on imparting to students the kwledge and skills that are needed to successfully execute a commercial project of a few person-months e?ort while employing proper practices and techniques. It is worth pointing out that a vast majority of the projects executed in the industry today fall in this scope-executed by a small team over a few months. I also believe that by carefully selecting the concepts and topics, we can, in the course of a semester, achieve this. This is the motivation of this book. The goal of this book is to introduce to the students a limited number of concepts and practices which will achieve the following two objectives: - Teach the student the skills needed to execute a smallish commercial project.
- Author(s)Pankaj Jalote
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2008
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUndergraduate Topics in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note12 Tables, black and white; 67 Illustrations, black and white; VIII, 288 p. 67 illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2008 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.