All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverything you need to kw about the safety and efficacy of cosmetics and cosmeceuticals. Is it a cosmetic? A drug? A nutrient? It's becoming more and more difficult to tell the difference with the cosmetic companies combining the three. And unlike with food additives, the FDA has little control over what goes into the products that claim to make you look more beautiful-even though cosmeceuticals (cosmetics that purport to have druglike benefits) have skyrocketed into a multibillion-dollar industry. So before you slather on that -wrinkle-reducing- cream or swallow a -skin-rejuvenating-vitamin, find out what's in your health and beauty products with A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients. This updated and expanded edition gives you the facts you need to protect yourself and your family from possible irritants, confusing chemical names, and the exaggerated claims of gimmicky additives. With 800 new ingredients found in toiletries, cosmetics, and cosmeceuticals-everything ranging from shampoo to shaving cream, bath lotions to Botox-this alphabetically organized guide evaluates them all, and includes targeted information for children and for people of color. A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients is more indispensable than ever to anyone who cares about the health of themselves and their loved ones.
- Author BiographyRUTH WINTER, M.S., is an award-winning author of thirty-seven books. Visit her at BrainBody.com or IngredientBlog.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Ruth Winter
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleConsumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight440 g
- Width132 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement7th
Most relevant reviews
- snozza_ian11 Jul, 2012by
this bok covers everything
This is a fantastic, concise and very I formative dictionary. It covers absolutely everything. Excellent book
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.