Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.27Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor years, Mitford s Father Tim Kavanagh has transcribed into his dog-eared journals words of wisdom, faith, and encouragement gleaned from favorite thinkers.Indeed, <b>A Continual Feast</b> contains lively ideas, common sense, profound wisdom, and plain good humor from the likes of C. S. Lewis, Emily Dickinson, William Blake, Helen Keller, G. K. Chesterton, and Will Rogers. To name but a few.</p>Want to kw a surefire way to read someone s true character?</p>Check out what Goethe has to say.</p>Strive to be that rare individual who labors to serve others, and what will you have? Little competition, according to Andrew Carnegie.</p>This entertaining and useful handbook is for all those who relish a good Aha!, including authors, clergy, speechmakers, dog lovers, and anyone who enjoys provocative insight into everything from the righteous to the ridiculous.</p>Together with its companion volume, <b>Patches of Godlight</b>, Father Tim s latest quote journal is sure proof of what Lord Byron once penned: A small drop of ink produces that which makes thousands think. </p>Visit Jan Karon and Mitford's home on the web: http: //www.mitfordbooks.com</p>
- Author Biography<b>Jan Karon</b>, born Janice Meredith Wilson in the foothills of North Carolina, was named after the title of a popular novel, Janice Meredith.Jan wrote her first novel at the age of ten. The manuscript was written on Blue Horse notebook paper, and was, for good reason, kept hidden from my sister. When she found it, she discovered the one curse word I had, with pounding heart, included in someone's speech. For Pete's sake, hadn't Rhett Butler used that very same word and gotten away with it? After my grandmother's exceedingly focused reproof, I've written books without cussin' ever since. </p>Several years ago, Karon left a successful career in advertising to move to the mountain village of Blowing Rock, North Carolina, and write books. I stepped out on faith to follow my lifelong dream of being an author, she says. I made real sacrifices and took big risks. But living, it seems to me, is largely about risk. </p>Enthusiastic booksellers across the country have introduced readers of all ages to Karon's heartwarming books. <i>At Home in Mitford</i>, Karon's first book in the Mitford series, was nominated for an ABBY by the American Booksellers Association in 1996 and again in 1997. Bookstore owner, Shirley Sprinkle, says, The Mitford Books have been our all-time fiction bestsellers since we went in business twenty-five years ago. We've sold 10,000 of Jan's books and don't see any end to the Mitford phenomenon. </p>
- Author(s)Karon Jan
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViking Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,With dust jacket
Save on Other
- AU $4.06Trending at AU $7.20
- AU $14.95Trending at AU $15.53
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.24
- AU $15.84Trending at AU $20.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.