Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.63
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.49
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.02
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing the environmental debate on the principle of common commitment, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and eminent conservationist Terry L. Maple present A Contract with the Earth. They declare a need for bipartisan environmentalism-a new era of environmental stewardship with principles that they believe most Americans will share.While ackwledging that liberals and conservatives do t see eye to eye on many issues, Gingrich and Maple argue successfully that environmental stewardship is a mainstream value that transcends partisan politics. Their thoughtful approaches to our environmental challenges are based on three main premises: environmental leadership is integral to America's role in the world, techlogically savvy environmental entrepreneurs can and should be the cornerstone of environmental solutions, and cooperation and incentives must be dramatically increased to achieve workable and broadly supported environmental solutions.Gingrich and Maple believe that most people-regardless of how they categorize themselves politically-are weary of the legal and political conflicts that prevent individuals and communities from realizing the benefits of environmental conservation. The foundation of the book-a ten-point contract with the earth-promotes ingenuity over rhetoric as the way forward.
- Author BiographyNewt Gingrich, a college history professor and prolific author, was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1979 to 1999, serving four years as Speaker of the House starting in 1995. Time magazine's 1995 Man of the Year and a 2012 presidential candidate, Gingrich is the author of over twenty books, including the New York Times bestsellers Winning the Future and Rediscovering God in America. Terry L. Maple is president and CEO of the Palm Beach Zoo and a professor of conservation and behavior at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Dr. Maple is a former president of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and coeditor of Ethics on the Ark. He was president and CEO of Zoo Atlanta from 1985 to 2003. Callista Gingrich is the president of Gingrich Productions, a performance and production company focusing on audio, video, and photographic production.Callista and her husband, Newt, host and produce historical and public policy documentaries. Recent films include include A City Upon a Hill, America at Risk, Nine Days That Changed the World, Ronald Reagan: Rendezvous with Destiny, Rediscovering God in America, Rediscovering God in America II: Our Heritage, and We Have the Power.Mrs. Gingrich is the voice for several audiobooks, including A Nation Like No Other; Valley Forge; To Save America; To Try Men's Souls; Five Principles for a Successful Life; Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less; The Art of Transformation; Real Change; A Contract with the Earth; and Rediscovering God in America. Mrs. Gingrich is also the voice for American Solutions for Winning the Future, a bipartisan organization for political and governmental change. Callista's photography has been published in the New York Times and the Washington Post. It is featured in a photographic book entitled Ronald Reagan: Rendezvous with Destiny, inspired by Newt and Callista's award-winning documentary film. This unique photographic collection by Newt Gingrich, Callista Gingrich, and David Bossie honors the life and legacy of our nation's fortieth president. Callista's photography is also featured in Rediscovering God in America and is regularly displayed on the Web sites Newt.org (http: //newt.org/) and American Solutions for Winning the Future (http: //www.americansolutions.com/).Prior to leading Gingrich Productions, Mrs. Gingrich served as chief clerk of the House Committee on Agriculture in Washington, D.C. During her tenure, the committee held hearings on a wide range of issues, including biotechnology, bioterrorism, conservation, forest management, nutrition, rural development, trade, and welfare reform. Before joining the House Committee on Agriculture, Callista served in the office of Congressman Steve Gunderson (R-Wisconsin). With over eighteen years of staff experience in the U.S. House of Representatives, Mrs. Gingrich has a wide range of knowledge in government and legislative affairs, strategic planning, research, and constituent services. A devoted Catholic, Mrs. Gingrich is a member of the Choir of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., a resident professional choir. In March 2005, the choir visited Rome, Italy, to honor Pope John Paul II and recorded a compact disc entitled Pope John Paul II: A Celebration of Life and Faith. In April 2008, the choir sang for the Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, during his apostolic journey to the United States. In November 2008, the choir participated in the International Festival of Sacred Music and Art in Rome.Callista plays the French horn with the City of Fairfax Band in Fairfax, Virginia, promoting musical growth and education among area residents and students. The band performs frequently in Fairfax and the Washington, D.C., area. The City of Fairfax Band is a recipient of the John Philip Sousa Foundation's Sudler Silver Scroll Award, which is considered North America's most prestigious award for community concert bands. Mrs. Gingrich is president of the Gingrich Foundation,
- Author(s)Newt Gingrich,Terry L. Maple
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Callista Gingrich
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time270
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.