All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionRelatively few academics or practitioners have systematically explored growth stocks. Growth stocks usually involve exciting companies whose sales and earnings are growing significantly faster than other companies and the ecomy in general. This book finds that high expectation growth stocks or the ones that everyone loves have poor relative returns. Low expectation growth stocks, however, have strong performance. The author uses the PE/GROWTH ratio to rank the market's expectations for these stocks. The book shows how investors may be able to ascertain whether the interests of a public company's management are aligned with those of shareholders. Sophisticated and institutional investors will find the book's thorough analysis and insightful perspective on growth stocks very informative. The short-term mean reverting aspects of growth stocks are uncovered, and other market microstructure amalies are discussed. The work addresses practical trading ideas and the need for diversification. Ideal as supplemental reading for courses in investment management and finance, this book examines the components of trading costs and presents arguments for a patient trading style.
- Author BiographyDONALD J. PETERS is a portfolio manager at Geewax, Terker & Co., a Philadelphia area investment counseling firm. His growth-stock research has been published in The Journal of Portfolio Management, and The Wall Street Journal. Peters is a graduate of The Wharton School and Tulane University and a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Author(s)Donald J. Peters
- Date of Publication18/11/1992
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.