All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Cook's Tour of France is a collection of regional French recipes from chef and television presenter Gabriel Gate's annual gastromic journey along of the course of the Tour de France, the most famous race in the world. The Tour takes a different route every year, visiting famous cities and regions like Provence, The Loire Valley and Burgundy, making it as much a delight for the food lover as it is the sports fan. The gastromy of France is simply superb: featuring outstanding fish and seafood, excellent wines and liqueurs, extraordinary cheeses, unique range of charcuteries, delicious bread, cakes and patisseries. This beautiful cookbook gathers together the best classic recipes from the many regions of France, including the popular Chicken Casserole Vallee d'Auge from Normandy, the colourful Ratatouille with Lemon and Olive Chantilly from Provence and lovely desserts, like the luscious Strawberry Tart from the Loire Valley. Watch the Tour de France on your television while sampling the dishes of the regions in your own home!
- Author BiographyGabriel Gate is a French-trained chef with an international reputation as an author, television presenter and cookery teacher. Born in the Loire Valley of France, where his father grew all the family's fruit and vegetables and made wine from the small family vineyard, Gabriel learned the joys of cooking from his maternal grandmother, who was an excellent cook. As a young chef, Gabriel learned to cook from some of the finest French chefs before leaving France with his Australian-born wife, Angie. In recent years he has returned to writing about his homeland, France and the food he grew up with. He is the author of 22 cookbooks, including 100 Best Cakes and Desserts and Taste Le Tour. Gabriel travels to France every year to make a television cooking and travel series which screens during the Tour de France on Australian national television. As well he often takes groups on gastronomic tours of France.
- Author(s)Gabriel Gate
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content Note150 colour photographs
- Weight900 g
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
Most relevant reviews
- rustanletoki24 Aug, 2017by
Great photography and excellent recipes
I love the photos of the beautiful old buildings and scenery and am most impressed with the recipes. Very happy with my purchase
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.58
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.70
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.74
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.11
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.04
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.