All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA further episode in the Unquiet Bones series, following the life and fortunes of Hugh de Singleton, surgeon in medieval Bampton, Oxfordshire Alan, the beadle of the mar of Bampton, had gone out at dusk to seek those who might violate curfew. When, the following morning, he had t returned home, his young wife Matilda had sought out Master Hugh de Singleton, surgeon and bailiff of the mar. Two days later Alan's corpse was discovered in the hedge, at the side of the track to St Andrew's Chapel. His throat had been torn out - his head was half severed from his body - and his face, hands and forearms were lacerated with deep scratches. Master Hugh, meeting Hubert the coroner at the scene, listened carefully to the coroner's surmise that a wolf had caused the great wound. And yet ...if so, why was there blood?
- Author BiographyMel Starr was born and grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan. After graduating with a MA in history from Western Michigan University in 1970, he taught history in Michigan public schools for thirty-nine years, Since retiring he has focused on his highly successful novels. Mel and his wife, Susan, have two daughters and seven grandchildren.
- Author(s)Mel Starr
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Chronicles of Hugh De Singleton, Surgeon
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Fiction
- Content NoteMaps at front
- Weight299 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.