All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty years ago a young Londoner named Lucy arrived in the Dorset countryside as a rather bemused bride. She knew thing of the great outdoors and blithely agreed to spend her honeymoon harvesting. Her rural education was to be a fast and frantic one. This is the story of a woman who began rural life in romance, raised a family in the farmyard, was left by her husband just as her name was being made as a columnist for the countryside, and found a whole new life for herself in the hills and valleys she had come to love. Inspired by Lucy Pinney's popular columns for The Times, this bewitching bucolic romp is a glorious combination of Bridget Jones, I Don't Kw How She Does It and Gervase Phinn. She became a farmer's wife for love of the farmer, but can Lucy's relationship with the countryside survive two decades, divorce and more mud than she ever dreamed possible?
- Author BiographyLucy Pinney wrote an extremely popular column for The Times, called 'Country Life', for over four years. With style and wit, Lucy chronicled life in the Devon countryside - from diversifying wives and errant husbands, to lambing seasons and pet foxes - as well as life inside her own, less than perfect, farmhouse kitchen. Lucy is now a full-time author.
- Author(s)Lucy Pinney
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight240 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.