All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook offers a thorough, modern introduction into commutative algebra. It is intented mainly to serve as a guide for a course of one or two semesters, or for self-study. The carefully selected subject matter concentrates on the concepts and results at the center of the field. The book maintains a constant view on the natural geometric context, enabling the reader to gain a deeper understanding of the material. Although it emphasizes theory, three chapters are devoted to computational aspects. Many illustrative examples and exercises enrich the text.
- Author BiographyThe author is professor of algorithmic algebra at the Technische Universitat Munchen, in Munich. He regularly teaches courses in commutative algebra, invariant theory, and computer algebra. In 2007 he received an award from the state of Bavaria for excellence in teaching.
- Author(s)Gregor Kemper
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 256
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2011 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.