All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSet theory is the mathematics of infinity and part of the core curriculum for mathematics majors. This book blends theory and connections with other parts of mathematics so that readers can understand the place of set theory within the wider context. Beginning with the theoretical fundamentals, the author proceeds to illustrate applications to topology, analysis and combinatorics, as well as to pure set theory. Concepts such as Boolean algebras, trees, games, dense linear orderings, ideals, filters and club and stationary sets are also developed. Pitched specifically at undergraduate students, the approach is neither esoteric r encyclopedic. The author, an experienced instructor, includes motivating examples and over 100 exercises designed for homework assignments, reviews and exams. It is appropriate for undergraduates as a course textbook or for self-study. Graduate students and researchers will also find it useful as a refresher or to solidify their understanding of basic set theory.
- Author BiographyErnest Schimmerling is a Professor of Mathematical Sciences at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Author(s)Ernest Schimmerling
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 100 exercises
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.