Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionSince its inception, action research has been the subject of confusion and controversy. Can something be research if it doesn't prove anything? Can something be action research if it's a project run by an expert who does t consider participants co-researchers? Questions multiply when the general term is limited to critical action research. What makes critical action research different from action research generally? Can the action research project of a classroom teacher intended to raise standardized test scores properly be considered critical? Is there a role for advocacy in any enterprise calling itself research? If critical action research is distinct from traditional empirical research, then what formats make sense for sharing results? This highly diverse collection of previously unpublished and published works offers a sampling of opinions on key theoretical and methodological questions, complemented by a wide range of critical action research reports illustrating what various theories look like in practice. The book provides a sketch of the topography of critical action research terrain and illuminates some diverse paths through it.
- Author BiographyPatricia H. Hinchey is Professor of Education at Penn State and a Research Fellow at the National Education Policy Center (NEPC) at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She holds a doctorate from Teachers College, Columbia University, and has authored numerous articles as well as several books on topics including critical theory, education for civic engagement, action research, and teacher assessment. Dr. Hinchey is also a former director of a professional development unit for faculty on Penn State's regional campuses.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number433
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight790 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPatricia H. Hinchey
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.