All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in 1644 by Mildmay Fane, second Earl of Westmorland, Vertues Triumph is in many ways the best drama in the Fane can of six extant plays and masques. The play is structured as a wit and science play such as those written during the Tudor period by Medwell. The action traces the dual plots of Lord Earth and his heir Nature as they fall victim to the accomplices of Ambition in their efforts to disrupt and thus control Lord Earth's domain. The play effectively allegorizes the political chaos in England which resulted from Parliament's war with the King and projects a decidedly Royalist view of the events of the Civil War.
- Author(s)Gerald William Morton
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1988
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 4: English Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number75
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.