All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive introduction to coaching and mentoring, written by an experienced and multidisciplinary team. Taking you all the way through from the emerging theory to informed practice, the book covers: * Skills, purposes and outcomes of coaching and mentoring processes * The many settings in which they take place - public, private and voluntary * Coaching and mentoring's evidence base and how it is assessed * The professionalization of coaching and mentoring and a move towards integration. Supported by a wide range of case studies, activities, further questions and topics for discussion, this book is a comprehensive but accessible introduction. The authors take a critical approach and go beyond the basics, to support your development as a critically reflective practitioner. It is essential reading for those studying coaching and mentoring, and professionals looking to integrate coaching and mentoring into their organizations.
- Author BiographyDavid Gray is Professor of Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at the University of Greenwich. His research interests, and publication record, include research methods, management learning (particularly coaching and mentoring), professional identity, action learning, reflective learning, management learning in SMEs and the factors that contribute to SME success. He has published books and articles on research methods, organizational learning, and coaching and mentoring. David has led a number of EU-funded research programmes including one examining the impact of coaching on the resilience of unemployed managers in their job-searching behaviours and another on how action learning can sustain unemployed managers in starting their own business. He has recently completed a global survey into the professional identity of coaches. When not leading research projects he tries to play golf. Bob Garvey is Professor of Business Education at York St John Business School. He works with a range of people, either one-to-one or in groups. He is an EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council) member and formerly the editor of the International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching. Bob is obsessed with coaching and mentoring!
- Author(s)David A. Lane,David E. Gray,Robert Garvey
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.