All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn December 1950, the worst riots Singapore had ever seen shut down the town for days, killing 18 people and wounding 173. Racial and religious tension had been simmering for months over the custody battle for wartime waif Maria Hertogh between her Malay-Muslim foster mother and her Dutch-Catholic biological parents. In May 1950, Australian Annie Collins, following this case and filled with hope, returns to Singapore seeking her own lost baby. As the time bomb ticks and Annie unravels the threads of her quest into increasingly dangerous territory, she finds strange recollections intruding, ones that have thing to do with her own memories of her wartime experiences: disturbing visions and dreams which force her to doubt t just her past life, but her whole idea of who she truly is and even to question the search itself. Twisted memories, twisted minds, twisted lives, twisted beliefs, the twists of fate and their tangled consequences.
- Author BiographyDawn Farnham (Yokine, WA) is the author of The Straits Quartet, a bestselling series of historical romance set in 19th-century Singapore, as well as numerous short stories, plays and children's books.
- Author(s)Dawn Farnham
- PublisherMonsoon Books
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.