All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionAlexander Barabav, a key figure in the Russian dance world, has sifted through many thousands of photographs of dance to accumulate an extraordinary collection of pictures, ranging from historical ballet photographs to shocking avant-garde imagery. This work has been collected and edited to form an astonishing sequence. Rather than being assembled as an anthology, the sequence has in fact been 'choreographed' so the book is constructed to form a dance in ten movements. It begins with creation myths, follows erotic engagements and leads to a series of mass movements in the modern age. It includes such gems as the young Nureyev's first performance with the Kirov and Baryshinikov's debut as well as images with brutal reference to Abu Ghraib or the march of fascism.
- Author BiographyAlexander Barabanov is a leading authority on dance who lives in Moscow and London. He opened a gallery for new Russian art in London and is currently an adviser on the Diaghilev centenary events in Moscow.
- Author(s)Alexander Barabanov
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2340 g
- Width295 mm
- Height401 mm
- Spine54 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.