All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionA Daughter's Desire, A Mother's Worst Nightmare tells the true story of one woman's quest as she struggles to preserve her arranged marriage by continuing in her abusive relationship. The names have been changed to protect the privacy of the people involved in the story. Shivani Ragunandan, a twenty-two-year-old college graduate, found herself betrothed into marriage by her family. Although it was t what she truly wanted, she went ahead with the wedding-only to find herself in a very unhappy marriage. Her husband was emotionally and physically abusive, cheating on her whenever the opportunity presented itself. Abiding by the rules of an arranged marriage in her Indo-Guyanese tradition, she was t allowed to file a divorce. She tried continuously to preserve her marriage to her twenty-seven-year-old husband. Although Shivani knew deep inside that this was t what she wanted, she feared her incence, dignity, and reputation would be tarnished forever if she left her husband. Bound by cultural ties, she had one to turn to but the celestial deities and her mother for guidance, faith, and strength.
- Author(s)Geeta Mangal
- Date of Publication24/01/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.