All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVaux-le-Vicomtes rich history began in 1641, when infamous Finance Minister Nicolas Fouquet bought the estate and enlisted architect Louis Le Vau, decorator Charles le Brun, and garden designer Andre Le Notre to transform it into a lavish residence. His extravagance piqued Louis XIVs jealousy, and he was thrown into prison for mishandling funds. The chateau inspired the design of Versailles, and was later home to the great chef Vatel, who famously died for his art. This volume traces the chateaus history from the seventeenth-century through the Belle Epoque, World War I, and its public opening in 1968. Exclusive photography and archival documents offer unprecedented access to the chateau, furnishings, and gardens, and illuminate the extraordinary secrets of court life and centuries of celebrations that include the enchanting candlelit tours held today.
- Author Biography<b>Alexandre de Vogue</b>, <b>Jean-Charles de Vogue</b> and <b>Ascanio de Vogue</b> are brothers who together manage the Vogue family estate. In 2012, they began to successfully develop a range of business ventures at the Vaux le Vicomte chateau. Alexandre, Jean-Charles and Ascanio are fifth generation members of the de Vogue family. <b>Bruno Ehrs</b> is a lifestyle and architectural photographer based in Stockholm, Sweden. His photographs have been featured in over twenty solo exhibitions and have appeared in numerous magazines and books, including <i>One Savile Row</i> (Flammarion 2014). He has also published several art volumes of his work.
- Author(s)Alexandre de Vogue,Jean-Charles de Vogue
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- Series TitleA Day at
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note170 colour illustrations
- Weight860 g
- Width150 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.