All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.43
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
About this product
- DescriptionA spellbinding saga of family, trust, secrets ...and love. Hampshire 1850. Beth Langton has been running her large family estate for nine months w, after the death of her father. Under the watchful eyes of her godfather and guardian, Lord Edward Sharland, and an excellent estate manager, Henry Greenway, she is loving the work. After a week away with Henry buying cattle, terrible news is waiting for her on her return. The father of her best friend, Lady Helen Denton, has shot himself after running up gambling debts, leaving Helen destitute. Beth persuades Helen to come and live with her, although Helen is too proud to take charity and insists she work as a paid companion. The girls soon settle happily together, but further tragedy awaits. Beth is informed by a stranger that her beloved guardian, away on business, has died. The stranger claims to be Edward's heir, making him her legal guardian - and he has the paperwork to prove it. But can they trust him? And should they?
- Author BiographyBeryl Matthews was born in London but now lives in Hampshire. She grew up in a family of enthusiastic readers, and books have always been a very important part of her life. As a young girl her ambition was to become a professional singer, but lack of funds drove her into an office, where she worked her way up from tea-girl to credit controller. Her hobbies are writing, reading, swimming and golf.
- Author(s)Beryl Matthews
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Weight425 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,With printed dust jacket
- Edition StatementFirst World Publication
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.