All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives, deaths, poetry, diaries and extracts from letters of sixty-six soldier-poets are brought together in this limited edition of Anne Powell's unique anthology; a fitting commemoration for the centenary of the First World War. These poems are t simply the works of well-kwn names such as Wilfred Owen - though they are represented - they have been painstakingly collected from a multitude of sources, and the relative obscurity of some of the voices makes the message all the more moving. Moreover, all but five of these soldiers lie within forty-five miles of Arras. Their deaths are described here in chrological order, with an account of each man's last battle. This in itself provides a revealing gradual change in the poetry from early naive patriotism to despair about the human race and the bitterness of 'Dulce et Decorum Est'.
- Author BiographyAnne Powell is the author of The Fierce Light, Shadows of War, and Women in the War Zone.
- Author(s)Anne Powell
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note10 maps
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.