All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionDepression affects women almost twice as often as men, with about one in four women suffering from it at some point in her lifetime. While depression may strike at any time, studies show that women appear to be particularly vulnerable during their childbearing years. This comprehensive and empathetic book confronts the seldom-talked-about issue of pregnancy-related depression, identifying symptoms, treatments, and cures for this constellation of serious, underdiagsed, and surprisingly common emotional conditions. Topics covered include the emotional repercussions of infertility and miscarriage, depression during pregnancy, postpartum depression and anxiety, and the impact of maternal depression on spouse and family. Also addressed are the many aspects of a woman's life -- career, education, marriage, and a host of other factors -- that may increase her stress during the span of her childbearing years and make her especially susceptible to emotional difficulties. Straightforward, honest, and sensitive, A Deeper Shade of Blue speaks directly to women at risk of or suffering from depression within the context of childbearing and provides the information they need to get the best care, during pregnancy and beyond.
- Author BiographyDr. Ruta Nonacs, M.D., Ph.D., is the associate director of the Center for Women's Mental Health at Massachusetts General Hospital and an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
- Author(s)Ruta M. Nonacs
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication28/08/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight405 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.