All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year, 8,500 people in the UK will have a subarachid haemorrhage, of whom about 50 per cent will survive this traumatic brain injury which often occurs without warning. Survivors can make a 'good' neurological recovery but the psychosocial impact can be longer lasting. Drawing from her own experience of surviving a subarachid haemorrhage, together with other people's journeys of recovery and recent research findings, Alison Wertheimer covers: * themes of recovery * leaving neurocare and early days of recovery * looking for help * physical, sensory and cognitive effects * the emotional impact of subarachid haemorrhage * the survivor's relationship with family and friends * returning to work * what helped the survivors with their recovery * subarachid haemorrhage as a life-changing event. A Dented Image will be of interest to a wide-ranging audience: survivors and their families and friends; health professionals working with people recovering from acute brain injury in hospital and community-based services including doctors, nurses, psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and other members of rehabilitation teams. It may also be of interest to people recovering from other traumatic illnesses or injuries.
- Author BiographyAlison Wertheimer is a writer, researcher and counsellor. She is the author of A Special Scar: Experiences of people Bereaved by Suicide Routledge, 2001.
- Author(s)Alison Wertheimer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.