All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Semantic Web represents a vision for how to make the huge amount of information on the Web automatically processable by machines on a large scale. For this purpose, a whole suite of standards, techlogies and related tools have been specified and developed over the last couple of years and they have w become the foundation for numerous new applications. A Developer's Guide to the Semantic Web helps the reader to learn the core standards, key components and underlying concepts. It provides in-depth coverage of both the what-is and how-to aspects of the Semantic Web. From Yu's presentation, the reader will obtain t only a solid understanding about the Semantic Web, but also learn how to combine all the pieces to build new applications on the Semantic Web. The second edition of this book t only adds detailed coverage of the latest W3C standards such as SPARQL 1.1 and RDB2RDF, it also updates the readers by following recent developments. More specifically, it includes five new chapters on schema.org and semantic markup, on Semantic Web techlogies used in social networks and on new applications and projects such as data.gov and Wikidata and it also provides a complete coding example of building a search engine that supports Rich Snippets. Software developers in industry and students specializing in Web development or Semantic Web techlogies will find in this book the most complete guide to this exciting field available today. Based on the step-by-step presentation of real-world projects, where the techlogies and standards are applied, they will acquire the kwledge needed to design and implement state-of-the-art applications.
- Author BiographyLiyang Yu is Senior Software Developer with Delta Air Lines in Atlanta, GA, USA. His previously published Semantic Web books are widely used as textbooks and often referenced by developers worldwide. He also actively provides services and assistance to a variety of organizations and companies about development and applications of Semantic Web technologies.
- Author(s)Liyang Yu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note624 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1442 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014. Corr. 3rd printing 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.