All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn A Dialectical Pedagogy of Revolt, Brecht De Smet offers an intellectual dialogue between the political theory of Gramsci and the cultural psychology Vygotsky within the framework of the 25th January Egyptian Revolution. Their encounter affirms the enduring need for a coherent theory of the revolutionary subject in the era of global capitalism, based on a political pedagogy of subaltern hegemony, solidarity and reciprocal education.
- Author BiographyBrecht De Smet Ph.D. (2012), Ghent University, is a post-doctoral researcher and lecturer at that university. He has published on Gramsci, subject formation, and the Egyptian workers movement, including Revolution and Counter-Revolution in Egypt ( Science & Society 78(1), 2014).
- Author(s)Brecht de Smet
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication19/03/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Critical Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number73
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.