All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionC.-S. Abraham Cheong explores different possibilities for the meaning of The Steward parable (Luke 16:1-9), adopting a system of M. Bakhtin's dialogic scheme, a literary carnivalization. Cheong breaks new ground by clearly demonstrating individual performance on the hermeneutic of the Gospel parables. He characterizes the steward's debt reduction by a constant dialogue with other narrative features, ancient repertoire, and reader-response w engaging scholarly interest. In this way, multiple voices of the steward's act are highlighted: a movement to the lower realm, provoking senses of redistribution, relocation, and reconciliation. This book sharpens the understanding of The Steward parable in relation to other disciplines both in theory and practice.
- Author BiographyThe Author: C.-S. Abraham Cheong is Assistant Professor of the New Testament at the Reformed Theological Seminary Seoul and Pastor of the Jang-Am Presbyterian Church in Seoul. A graduate of the Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, he received his Ph.D. in Biblical studies from the University of Sheffield, UK. He is also the author of How to Read the Parables in the Gospels (2000).
- Author(s)C-S Abraham Cheong
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.