All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionHow far do cultures affect the future of the planet? Can the debate on the environment and global warming be influenced by the cultures of East and West understanding each other better? In this consistently provocative dialogue, two of the most influential thinkers of recent times propose that only a 'human revolution' - a shift in the hearts and minds of individuals - can stimulate a revolution in humanity's relationship with the planet. Such a planetary revolution first requires a transformation of moral and political leadership, and an orientation towards the future rather than a preoccupation with the short-termist policies of the present.Responding to humanity's ills from the Buddhist perspective, and with all the accumulated wisdom of the eastern philosophical tradition, Daisaku Ikeda calls for politicians to take as their mainstays a respect for the dignity of life and an eloquence to inspire in people a sense of community and courage. Correspondingly, rewned western ecomist and scholar of education Ricardo Diez-Hochleitner stresses the importance of proper educational planning and development in addressing the challenges posed by poverty, inequality and climate change. While ackwledging the scale of the task that lies ahead, both men offer an inspiring and hopeful vision for the future.
- Author BiographyA leading educationalist and economist, Ricardo Diez-Hochleitner was President of the Club of Rome between 1991 and 2000, and was active in leading positions at the World Bank, UNESCO, and the Organization of American States. He has also served as Vice-Minister for Education in Colombia and Under-Secretary of State for Education and Science in Spain. Daisaku Ikeda is the President of Soka Gakkai International and the author of over 80 books on Buddhist themes.
- Author(s)Ikeda Daisaku,Ricardo Diez-Hochleitner
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/03/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 integrated halftones
- Weight349 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.