All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve-year-old Tetsu eats, sleeps and breathes baseball. It's all he ever thinks about. But after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Tetsu and his family are forced from their home into an internment camp in the Arizona desert with other Japanese Americans, and baseball becomes the last thing on his mind. The camp isn't technically a prison, but it sure feels like one when there's thing to do and place to go. So when a man starts up a boys' baseball team, Tetsu is only too eager to play again. But with his sister suddenly falling ill, and his father taken away for questioning, Tetsu is forced to choose between his family and his love of the game.
- Author BiographyKathryn Fitzmaurice (www.kathrynfitzmaurice.com) is also the author of <i>The Year the Swallows Came Early.</i> She lives with her husband, two sons, and her dog, Holly, in Monarch Beach, California.
- Author(s)Kathryn Fitzmaurice
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.